Saturday, May 5, 2018

Baby Delivery Could Be Fun

"Baby Delivery is just a game?".

That's not what I heard him say..is it?

Seriously, I lifted myself higher so I could keep a firmer grip on the package I was carrying after all someone just described what I do for a lifetime as a game but this person could be unserious for all we know.

This is no joke. My work is to deliver babies into cradles so they can be transported into the bellies of mummies over night.



My name is Fluffy and I am a delivery bird. We, delivery birds, fly very far and wide across continents and countries. Our wings have flapped through storms of all kinds. We've gone through various volcanoes and villages with high mountains and deep valleys.

While we certainly have the most-interesting-job-ever since we get to travel a lot (unlike humans:) nothing bugs us more than  missing a drop-off. We are not the technological objects that can reverse and we certainly can  not fly on a spot. A delivery bird can only fly forward and if we miss we loose parts of us and our feathers wither which could end up being fatal.


A second disadvantage of our job is Velda. a black vulture with red wings. She torments our jobs and keeps us from delivering to the right mummy. She lies  alot and keeps her red cot in wait along the blue cot for drop-offs.

If a baby drops on Velda's red cot its gone and never to be returned to any mummy again.I hope I won't drop one today.

Breaktime is over. I have to fly to another continent probably yours. Mummies are waiting for their parcels of joy






Join Fluffy




No comments:

Post a Comment